Will You Be the First One to Reach This Milestone on Learn Practice?
No one ever reached these three milestones in the last six years of Learn Practice.
When I introduced the new Learn Practice Scoring System last week, I realized that no one ever reached the top three milestones in the last six years.
I'm talking about the milestones of completing at least one quiz a day for 7, 30, or 365 days in a row.
When you complete your first quiz on a given day, you receive 50 extra points. This is to motivate you to practice every day, even if it's just a little bit.
To get the most out of Learn Practice, you need to solve quizzes and review your incorrect answers for at least 15 minutes a day for 365 days.
Why Practice Every Day?
In a previous post, I explained how our brains learn a new language.
In practice, learning a new language comes down to preventing your brain from forgetting it through regular repetitions. That's how Learn Practice is designed to work.
- You learn a word, a conjugation, or an article.
- The system keeps asking you that question in regular intervals.
- Those intervals get longer as you answer that question correctly.
That way, your practice is focused on new questions and your weaknesses, while repeating your correctly answered questions.
There's one catch though. You have to repeat the process regularly and you have to be signed in while doing it, so that we can keep track of your progress.
365 Quizzes on a Single Day or One Quiz a Day for 365 Days?
Take a moment and think about which is more beneficial for your Dutch?
- Solving 365 quizzes on a single day?
- Solving one quiz a day for 365 days?
You can peak your Dutch knowledge with the first option. However, if you don't use what you learned, you'll gradually forget it over time.
With the second option, you'll repeat what you learned regularly. That will help you commit that new knowledge to your long term memory.
How to Practice Every Day?
If you think about it, practicing every day is an easy goal. Here's how.
- Add Learn Practice to the home screen of your Android or iPhone.
- Turn on the notifications to receive daily reminders.
- Click on the notification to solve quizzes and review your incorrect answers for 15 minutes.
Is it doable? Absolutely! Do you do the same with other apps? Most probably! Why wouldn't you invest 15 minutes of your day in your Dutch practice? What keeps you from doing it?
If you think you have a legitimate reason to not practice for 15 minutes a day, please let me know by sending an email directly to me via email@example.com.
Otherwise, just follow the three steps above and be the first one to reach the 7, 30, and 365 days milestones!
Founder of Learn Practice
- Add Learn Practice to Your Android Phone
- Add Learn Practice to Your iPhone
- Turn On the Notifications
Published on Friday, August 23, 2019.